We have some great new professional titles in the store. They are also available as in-app purcahses in Audiobooks and Audiobooks (Ad Free).
- Blood Trail – Critically acclaimed, award-winning author C. J. Box’s Joe Pickett mysteries are a mainstay on the best-seller lists. Former game warden Pickett is now a special agent reporting directly to the governor. With someone targeting elk hunters, Pickett must head off a potentiall y deadly showdown when a flamboyant anti-hunting activist rolls in to town.
- Brothers – Acclaimed novelist Yu Hua became the first Chinese author to win the distinguished James Joyce Foundation Award. Controversial in his own country for his biting satire, he creates insightful portraits of Chinese society. Step-brothers Baldy Li and Song Gang couldn’t be more different. While Baldy is a girl-chasing teen, Song is quiet and studious. The two come of age in a vibrant Chinese culture struggling with constant change.
- Change of Heart – Known for tackling hot-button issues in her timely fiction, Jodi Picoult has sold millions of books. Change of Heart explores capital punishment and organized religion through the tale of death row inmate Shay Bourne. Bourne’s last request is to donate his heart to his victim’s ailing sister. The situation gets more complicated when Bourne begins performing miracles in full view of witnesses—including his Catholic spiritual advisor.
- From Dead to Worse – The eighth entry in Charlaine Harris’ New York Times best-selling, Anthony Award-winning series finds Sookie reeling from an explosive attack on the previous month’s vampire summit. Many vampires were killed, including several of Sookie’s friends. But most pressing for Sookie is the unknown status of her weretiger boyfriend Quinn. Like it or not, everything is changing in the supernatural world—and Sookie is caught in the middle.
- Living Dead in Dallas -This is the second book in Charlaine Harris’ popular Southern Vampire Mysteries series. Telepathic vampire maven (and cocktail waitress) Sookie Stackhouse has been tasked with locating an abducted vampire and suppressing an upstart anti-undead religious cult.
This is the second book in Charlaine Harris’ popular Southern Vampire Mysteries series. Telepathic vampire maven (and cocktail waitress) Sookie Stackhouse has been tasked with locating an abducted vampire and suppressing an upstart anti-undead religious cult.“This is one terrific read.”—Kliatt
- Miracle at Speedy Motors - Alexander McCall Smith’s internationally best-selling, award-winning No. 1 Ladies’ Detective Agency series continues in this captivating novel. It’s business as usual for Botswana’s only female detective, as Precious Ramotswe applies her characteristic wit to a set of perplexing difficulties. Precious’ latest case involves helping a woman find her family. But there are extenuating circumstances. Namely, the woman doesn’t know her real name, and she’s not even sure any of her family members are still living.Meanwhile, as Precious’ husband Mr. J.L.B. Matekoni frets over his ailing daughter, his attention is captured by a doctor promising miracles. And when Mma Makutsi receives a new bed from Phuti Radiphuti, the result is unexpected sleepless nights. Fueled by steaming mugs of bush tea, Precious and company tackle their concerns with irrepressible logic and unwavering determination. As she has done with the whole series—available in its entirety from Recorded Books—African native Lisette Lecat delivers a narration perfectly tuned to the rhythms of Precious’ unique world.
“Utterly charming and compulsively readable.”—Newsweek
- Winter Study - Nevada Barr’s New York Times best-selling Anna Pigeon mysteries continue to break new ground in the genre. This time the roving park ranger and amateur detective investigates a case on Isle Royale. Amidst its barren landscape, a group of researchers observe a group of ravenous wolves. But a killer is on the loose as well, and only Anna can halt his murderous designs.
- The Crocodile in the Sandbank - Amelia Peabody inherited two things from her father: a considerable fortune and an unbendable will. The first allowed her to indulge in her life’s passion. Without the second, the mummy’s curse would have made corpses of them all.
- Blind Descent - Award-winning author Nevada Barr fills the pages of “Blind Descent” with heart-stopping suspense, plots that twist around every corner, and spectacular wilderness settings. When park ranger Anna Pigeon embarks on a thrilling subterranean rescue mission, she confronts personal demons and a multitude of life-threatening dangers—not all of them from the hostile terrain. A fellow ranger is injured in a suspicious accident while exploring the mostly unmapped Lechuguilla Cavern in New Mexico’s Carlsbad Caverns. During a fleeting moment of consciousness, the victim calls for Anna. Battling her paralyzing fear of small spaces, Anna descends into the lifeless underworld to uncover what really happened. As Anna wriggles through cramped tunnels and climbs rocky precipices, she discovers treachery and destruction lurking in the inky black just beyond her headlamp. Veteran narrator Barbara Rosenblat provides the perfect voice for the courageous, but very human, park ranger and her colleagues.
- Drums of Autumn - Diana Gabaldon’s fans will be delighted to find Jamie and Claire as spirited and endearing as ever in this fourth installment of this magnificent saga. Romance, history, and time travel blend once again as the couple builds a new life together in the wilderness of pre-Revolutionary America. Twice Claire has used an ancient stone circle to travel back to the 18th century. The first time she found love with a Scottish warrior but had to return to the 1940s to save their unborn child. The second time, twenty years later, she reunited with her lost love but had to leave behind the daughter that he would never see. Now Brianna, from her 1960s vantage point, has found a disturbing obituary and will risk everything in an attempt to change history. Davina Porter’s narrative talent adds a special vibrance and resonance to Gabaldon’s complex, colorful characters. If you’ve experienced Outlander, Dragonfly in Amber, or Voyager), you already know the length of the book is deceptive. None of them is nearly long enough.